After care for Root Canal Therapy
- Some soreness and discomfort is normal after the procedure for the first few days, and possibly few weeks, expecially to chewing.
- Ibuprofen, Advil or Motrin are recommended 400-600 mg every 4-6 hours for the first few days after treatment. If you cannot take these due to an allergy, or your physicians advice, you may take 1000 mg of Acetaminophen (two extra strength Tylenol) every 6 hours.
- If you have a temporary restoration, avoid crunchy and sticky foods, as this may dislodge the restoration. Also avoid flossing around the temporary as it will likely come off. Contact us immediately if the temporary restoration comes out.
- Continue good oral hygiene care with regular brushing and flossing.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.