After Care for Perio "Gum" Treatment
- You can take over the counter pain medication for any discomfort you may have. Ibuprofen or Advil helps to reduce swelling.
- Rinse with warm salt water if your gums are sore and tender (1 tsp. salt in 1 cup warm water). Or, if a medicated rinse has been prescribed, use it as directed.
- Brush gently today even if your gums are tender to help remove the plaque that has started to reform.
- Follow all our home care instructions exactly as directed. Success of treatment depends directly on the improvement of your oral hygiene.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water today to help remove the bacteria that are present.
- No smoking if at all possible for 4 to 6 weeks.
- If after a few weeks your teeth become sensitive to cold, due to less inflammation in the tissue, you may want to try a sensitive toothpaste such as Colgate or Crest Sensitive.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.