After care instructions for Dental Implant placement
- Follow the general oral surgery after care instructions, with the exception of rinsing.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water. Use the mouthrinse Perio Rx if that was given to you, 2 times a day for 10 days. Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after using the Perio Rx mouthrinse.
- You will have sutures at the surgery site. These will dissolve over time, but we would like to remove them 2 weeks after your surgery if they remain. Try to avoid touching them, they will likely be irritating.
- Take all medications that were prescribed as directed.
- Do not brush the surgery area for the first 1-2 weeks. Then you may start to brush the area gently with a soft brissled toothbrush.
- Eat soft foods, and avoid sharp, spicy, and crunchy things, as this may disturb the surgery site.
- Limit physical activity for the first 3 days after the surgery, and keep your heart rate low.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime at 320-203-7373.